Update May 11 2020
Although we have been through a life changing time, we are all hoping for a return to some degree of normalcy. While many things have changed, some things remain the same: our commitment to your health, safety and reaching your orthodontic goals.
Infection control is a priority for our practice. We have always followed the guidelines mandated by BC College of Dental Surgeons. In response to the recent Coronavirus Health Emergency, we will be taking additional measures to keep our patients and staff safe.
We will be contacting all of our patients over the next few weeks (please wait to be contacted by our office) to organize your next orthodontic appointment and to further explain our new procedures.
These are some of the changes you can expect:
- A health screening questionnaire will be required prior to every appointment. We will send the questionnaire electronically.
- When you arrive at the parking lot (our new reception area) we will request that you text the receptionist to determine if we are ready for you.
- Once you have been given the OK to come on up, we will ask you to hand sanitize in the reception room and we will take your temperature.
- In an effort to maintain social distance, we will request that if possible the patient only comes to the appointment. For younger children or those in need of assistance one parent can accompany them. One of our staff can also escort your child to and from your car.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. This will result in us having less scheduled appointments per day. That might mean that there will be fewer options for scheduling your appointments.
- Unfortunately our toothbrushing station will be temporarily closed, please brush and floss at home and arrive with clean teeth.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation over these difficult past two months. We look forward to welcoming you back and continuing your orthodontic journey. If there are any questions you have about the steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice we would be happy to respond.